Sunday, December 26, 2010

Your Band Internet Policy


I am aware of a number of pipe bands that have instigated an Internet Policy.
This tries to ensure that members are aware that they are in the spotlight when posting on various sites, including facebook, MySpace and other social networking sites.

These sites are so transparent that there are some concerns regarding pipe bands that try to attract children as learners where members post photographs and comments that may be seen as inappropriate to parents wanting to get their children involved in bands.

There is also the concern that bands representing various organisations and sponsors may be painted in a bad light by members posting without considering the full ramification of their public posts.

Personally I have always lived by the rule that I will not post anything on the net that I wouldn't write in a letter, or post anything I wouldn't want any person to read.

I am sure there are many thoughts and policies on this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment